In this recipe, by McCormick Gourmet and Chef Juriaan Snellen, this delicious roasted beet recipe brings out the sweetness of the beets with a delicious balsamic glaze, resulting in a perfect blend of sweet and sour flavours.
PREP TIME: 15 min || COOK TIME: 1h 45 min || Serves 12
- 3 1/2 pounds (1.75 kilograms) assorted small beets, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 small red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 milliliters) Organic Rosemary Crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 milliliters) Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Wrap 3 beets at a time in foil. Place in shallow baking pan.
Roast 1 hour or until beets are tender when pierced with small knife. Cool until able to handle. Peel then quarter beets. Toss beets, onions, oil, rosemary, thyme, and sea salt in same baking pan.
Roast 35 to 45 minutes or until onions are tender. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over vegetables. Roast 5 minutes longer or until vinegar is the consistency of syrup. Gently toss vegetables before serving.
*As seen in the 2022 Toronto Taste Recipe Collection.