The following recipe was supplied by the Toronto Kiwanis Boys & Girls Clubs for the Second Harvest Cookbook, which featured 70 recipes from our network of over 500 partner agencies. All recipes feature a dish that staff, volunteers or community members prepared using fresh rescued food that they received from Second Harvest and our food donor partners.
- 2 (120g) boxes stuffing mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 1/4 cups butter, melted
- 4 medium sized apple, peeled and diced
- 5 stalk celery, diced
- 6 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In large bowl, blend stuffing mix, water, butter, apple, celery and parsley until fully combined.
- Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups, pressing mixture gently with spoon.
- Bake until stuffing is firm and tops are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Tip: Serve with turkey and gravy, or eat on their own.
“Food matters to our entire club – children, staff, students and volunteers – because it’s essential to our growth holistically! Food is how we start our day.”– Toronto Kiwanis Boys & Girls stromectol Clubs