What does it take to pull a 15,000 pound food delivery truck across Nathan Phillips Square? A little muscle, a lot of heart, and a good pair of shoes!
On September 13, 2022, Canada’s most “heroic” challenge to end hunger and food waste returned after a two-year long hiatus, and we were overwhelmed by the support and generosity of everyone who participated. A total of 17 corporate teams competed against each other to pull a Second Harvest delivery truck 100 feet across Nathan Phillips Square. Not even a bit of rain could stop our intrepid teams from completing the challenge and getting their trucks to the finish line! And thanks to their valiant fundraising efforts, we have reached our fundraising goal!
Congratulations to the winning teams from each heat!
- Heat 1: Granite REIT – 18.63 seconds
- Heat 2: IFDS – 16.13 seconds (also fastest of the day!)
- Heat 3: Hydro One – 22 seconds
- Heat 4: Atripco – 16.85 seconds
- Heat 5: Spark Power – 16.82 seconds
- Heat 6: OMERS – 17 seconds
- Heat 7: Daily Bread Food Bank – 18.03 seconds
- Heat 8: TELUS – 19.03 seconds
Thank you to our event sponsors – Manverywell Fitness, Protégé School, and Salad King – for making sure participants were warmed up, well-fed and pampered!
The Second Harvest Hero Truck Pull Challenge is a one-of-a-kind race that puts your strength and teamwork to the test while making a massive difference for communities in need across Canada.For more information on Second Harvest’s Hero Campaigns, visit secondharvest.ca/hero.