The Liu Fu Yu Charity Foundation is a small family foundation with a big impact and we are grateful to welcome them as new partners. In this new feature, we asked Bryan Liu five rapid-fire questions about the foundation and their work.
1. Tell us about the Liu Fu Yu Charity Foundation. What motivated you to start a charity? Why do you do the work you do?
Getting involved in charity activities brings happiness to me and gives my life purpose. Liu Fu Yu Charity Foundation commits to supporting health and benefiting the community. Canada is the best country in the world – we should support each other; it is the way to move forward as a great society collectively.
2. How has supporting Second Harvest impacted your team and your greater community?
We are beyond grateful for the tremendously successful campaign that Second Harvest carried out. Every one of us gets inspired by how effective and productive Second Harvest’s response has been to support those in need.
3. If you could say one thing to people and organizations considering supporting Second Harvest, what would it be?
You will get more impact than you think if you consider supporting Second Harvest.
4. Did the Liu Fu Yu Charity Foundation’s giving change in response to the global pandemic?
Our initial commitment is to support health. We decided to support the Second Harvest as soon as we learned that many people are in food insecurity due to the impact of COVID-19.
5. What does “No Waste. No Hunger” mean to The Liu Fu Yu Charity Foundation?
It is not only what it means to the foundation but also what it means to my personal life. My family and I try to not waste food, and then we will continue to try our best to support those in need. In partnership with Second Harvest, we maximized the impact of our charity activities even more than we expected.